Dental veneer is a layer of material which is placed over the surface of tooth in order to improve aesthetics and protect the surface of tooth from damage. Composite or porcelain is used in a dental veneer. Full veneer crowns are used to cover all the tooth surfaces whereas laminate veneers are used only to cover a surface of tooth for aesthetic purposes.
What are the indications of a veneer?
1. When a tooth has been fractured or discoloured, a veneer crown is given, following restoration.
2. When a patient has small teeth, veneers might be required when orthodontic correction seems to be difficult.
3. When teeth have been worn out, veneers are recommended to increase the strength and aesthetics of the teeth.
What are the advantages of a dental veneer?
1. It helps to increase the level of confidence in otherwise under confident patients with a not-so-aesthetic smile, by enhancing their smile.
2. The tooth cutting in case of veneers is minimal; hence most of the tooth structure is preserved.
3. As veneers are moulded according to an individual’s requirements, shade selection and other criteria are taken into account which makes the prepared tooth indistinguishable from natural teeth.
Dr. Pankti Patel, our chief Dentist at Teeth Care Centre, Satellite, Ahmedabad is well versed in the field of Cosmetic Dentistry. We employ long lasting veneers and veneers( Ivoclar- Liechtenstein) that are used worldwide. Moreover, the diagnosis and the treatment plan are decided only after thorough evaluation, both clinical and radiographic. Also, we at TCC employ ultramodern techniques and equipments for the same.
To know more about Dr. Pankti Patel, visit us as: http://www.panktipatel.com